The Forum for Discussion about The Third Manifesto and Related Matters

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to reply while quoting replied-to text ?

Page 1 of 2Next

Seems I cannot find the way to submit a reply that contains the text it is in reply to as quoted text in a rectangle. What is the proper procedure ?

Quote from Erwin on October 28, 2018, 10:47 am

Seems I cannot find the way to submit a reply that contains the text it is in reply to as quoted text in a rectangle. What is the proper procedure ?

Click on the link labelled [" Quote], which appears on the same line as the message date.

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org
Quote from Dave Voorhis on October 28, 2018, 10:53 am
Quote from Erwin on October 28, 2018, 10:47 am

Click on the link labelled [" Quote], which appears on the same line as the message date.

Thanks for that.  It works!

Hugh

Coauthor of The Third Manifesto and related books.

"Click on the link labelled [" Quote], which appears on the same line as the message date."

The only thing that achieves over here is it makes the 'reply' buttons disappear.

Quote from Erwin on October 28, 2018, 8:09 pm

"Click on the link labelled [" Quote], which appears on the same line as the message date."

The only thing that achieves over here is it makes the 'reply' buttons disappear.

It should start a new reply with the message quoted, or if you're already editing a reply it should insert the quoted message.

What browser (and version) are you using?

I'll see if I can duplicate the problem with the same browser.

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org

"What browser (and version) are you using?"

Firefox 63.0 on Ubuntu 16.04. Has been duckduckgo'd. Pretty picky about anything security but not so paranoid as to outright disable all client-side scripting.

And the Konqueror browser (4.14.16) on my old Kubuntu 14.04 has exactly the same problem and that one has not been duckduckgo'd.

For my part the quote button works fine.  I'm using Safari 12 on MacOS.

Quote from Erwin on October 28, 2018, 8:20 pm

"What browser (and version) are you using?"

Firefox 63.0 on Ubuntu 16.04. Has been duckduckgo'd. Pretty picky about anything security but not so paranoid as to outright disable all client-side scripting.

I'm sending this reply with Firefox 63.0 on Ubuntu 18.10. Unless there's something odd about Ubuntu 16.04, I can only assume something has been turned off, ciient-side, in Firefox.

"I'm sending this reply with Firefox 63.0 on Ubuntu 18.10. Unless there's something odd about Ubuntu 16.04, I can only assume something has been turned off, ciient-side, in Firefox."

I tried this from a complete fresh (as in "straight from the CD with all defaults left as is") Ubuntu 18.04 install that I didn't even have the time with to personalize in whatever way and it has the exact same problem.

Page 1 of 2Next