The Forum for Discussion about The Third Manifesto and Related Matters

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Window size, full screen and submit

I'm finding the window for writing posts rather small (vertically). The little triangle to expand it is awkward, the big cross for full screen is much nicer.

But from there there is no submit button. So that means going back out of full screen, and scrolling down to find the submit button, which is always off the bottom. Seems a bit clunky.

My option settings if they were available would be:

• All edits and new posts start in full screen
  • Full screen provides a submit button.

Is this stuff under your control?

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org
Quote from dandl on August 29, 2019, 11:32 am

I'm finding the window for writing posts rather small (vertically). The little triangle to expand it is awkward, the big cross for full screen is much nicer.

But from there there is no submit button. So that means going back out of full screen, and scrolling down to find the submit button, which is always off the bottom. Seems a bit clunky.

My option settings if they were available would be:

• All edits and new posts start in full screen
  • Full screen provides a submit button.

Is this stuff under your control?

It is, but it would be an update-breaking change.

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org

I don't think I understand what that means. Does it mean yes, no, maybe or later?

For me it would be enough if there were simply keyboard shortcuts for invoking the full screen mode and for submit. There is Shift+Alt+w but it doesn't seem to do anything, and there is no shortcut for Submit. Would that be easier?

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org
Quote from dandl on August 30, 2019, 12:50 am

I don't think I understand what that means. Does it mean yes, no, maybe or later?

For me it would be enough if there were simply keyboard shortcuts for invoking the full screen mode and for submit. There is Shift+Alt+w but it doesn't seem to do anything, and there is no shortcut for Submit. Would that be easier?

It means no, unless the author of the relevant plugin adds such a feature.

If I change it, it will prevent future updates of the relevant plugin. I would rather that the plugin continues to receive updates.

Clicking the full-screen button with a mouse to toggle full-screen mode seems to work well. I appreciate the lack of keyboard shortcut convenience, but as full-screen mode only need be toggled twice per message, I don't think this is -- yet -- a critical issue.

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org