The Forum for Discussion about The Third Manifesto and Related Matters

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Upload Files of types that are relevant to the audience here

As I've just noticed, file uploads are restricted to gif, jpg, png, bmp, perhaps a few more, but they exclude .java .c .cpp .h .sh .cmd .bat and a gazillion more of those.

That's the nec plus ultra oddest of restrictions in a forum for software designers.

Quote from Erwin on May 7, 2020, 7:53 pm

As I've just noticed, file uploads are restricted to gif, jpg, png, bmp, perhaps a few more, but they exclude .java .c .cpp .h .sh .cmd .bat and a gazillion more of those.

That's the nec plus ultra oddest of restrictions in a forum for software designers.

If I ever looked at whatever restricts that -- and I don't recall doing so, though I probably did -- I almost certainly left it at whatever defaults the plugin came with from the factory.

Since this is a closed forum with approval-only subscriptions, and given we're generally a sane lot (stop snickering), I'll see if I can allow uploading anything. Back shortly...

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org
Quote from Dave Voorhis on May 7, 2020, 10:31 pm
Quote from Erwin on May 7, 2020, 7:53 pm

If I ever looked at whatever restricts that -- and I don't recall doing so, though I probably did -- I almost certainly left it at whatever defaults the plugin came with from the factory.

Since this is a closed forum with approval-only subscriptions, and given we're generally a sane lot (stop snickering), I'll see if I can allow uploading anything. Back shortly...

As it turns out, removing the list of all filetypes in a (quite reasonable, I thought) attempt to allow any filetype just puts the same defaults back in. Ugh.

So I've added .zip as an allowed filetype. If you want to upload .*, stick them in a .zip

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org