The Forum for Discussion about The Third Manifesto and Related Matters

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My Profile | Edit Profile fixed

A subscriber pointed out a problem with recovered accounts: Edit Profile under My Profile did not have permission to edit your profile.

This should now be fixed. "Edit Profile" will allow you to change your email address, displayed name, avatar, etc.

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org

I edited my profile to add a signature.  It gave me a hard time.  When I pressed "update" I was told a nickname was required, so I added one ("Hugh").  When I pressed "update" again I was told a reason for joining the forum was required, even though I had given that when I joined.  So I added that, but when I pressed "update" I was told again that a nickname was required and I found that the field had been blanked out.  So I added "Hugh" again and re-entered the reason for joining when I found that had been blanked out.  Finally, my update was accepted, but when I made my first post (a reply) I didn't see my nickname anywhere.  What's it for?  I thought I'd see it under my display name on the left.

Hugh

Coauthor of The Third Manifesto and related books.
Quote from Hugh on October 23, 2018, 10:44 am

I edited my profile to add a signature.  It gave me a hard time.  When I pressed "update" I was told a nickname was required, so I added one ("Hugh").  When I pressed "update" again I was told a reason for joining the forum was required, even though I had given that when I joined.  So I added that, but when I pressed "update" I was told again that a nickname was required and I found that the field had been blanked out.  So I added "Hugh" again and re-entered the reason for joining when I found that had been blanked out.  Finally, my update was accepted, but when I made my first post (a reply) I didn't see my nickname anywhere.  What's it for?  I thought I'd see it under my display name on the left.

Hugh

The forum is built out of multiple components running on top of Wordpress; "My Profile" displays all the fields associated with each of those components. Unfortunately, editing the fields isn't very well integrated, as you've seen. Hopefully they'll be better integrated in one or more future updates of the individual components or Wordpress itself.

think you can pick the nickname to be your display name -- there's a drop-down combobox to that effect under "My Profile".

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org