The Forum for Discussion about The Third Manifesto and Related Matters

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

MInor suggestions about forum

1. Rename this section (or add a new one) for posts like this one: discussion about the forum itself. Maybe call it 'TTM Meta Forum', like Meta SO.
  2. Rename General Discussion to include TTM in the title (if that's what is intended), or add one.
  3. Make that cookie warning go away permanently!
Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org
Quote from dandl on November 2, 2018, 11:15 pm
  1. Rename this section (or add a new one) for posts like this one: discussion about the forum itself. Maybe call it 'TTM Meta Forum', like Meta SO.
  2. Rename General Discussion to include TTM in the title (if that's what is intended), or add one.
  3. Make that cookie warning go away permanently!
  1. I've renamed this whole section.
  2. Did it.
  3. Why? Isn't the floating tab "away" enough?
I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org

There is a window across the bottom with two buttons: accept and reject. It goes away if I click the button; it comes back next time.  I'd like it to not be there. Once is enough, I don't need to see it every time or click it on every visit.

[I don't know what a "floating tab" means.]

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org
Quote from dandl on November 7, 2018, 12:45 pm

There is a window across the bottom with two buttons: accept and reject. It goes away if I click the button; it comes back next time.  I'd like it to not be there. Once is enough, I don't need to see it every time or click it on every visit.

[I don't know what a "floating tab" means.]

I presume by window across the bottom, you mean what's shown in image sc1, below?

And when you press the button, you see what's in image sc2, below?

The "Privacy & Cookies Policy" text is shown in a floating tab because it's not anchored to a tab bar. It should kind of bounce as you scroll, but not all browsers do that.

If you click "Accept", it should go away for a long time unless you clear the cookies in your browser. If you click "Reject", I suspect the button window will come back in the next session.

Uploaded files:
  • sc1.png
  • sc2.png
I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org