The Forum for Discussion about The Third Manifesto and Related Matters

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ANNOUNCE: Wrapd

Ok, now it's an announcement.

https://wrapd.org

Now with more documentation, examples, tutorial, available on Maven Central, etc.

Before you point out that it's not a D, it's not a D.  It helps integrate SQL in Java. It's not a D. The 'd' in Wrapd means "database", not D.

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org
Quote from Dave Voorhis on October 31, 2021, 10:35 am

Thanks Dave, I feel somebody should appreciate your efforts.

Nice web page; cute puns.

Quote from AntC on November 5, 2021, 10:12 am

Thanks!

The puns are the important thing, of course. The rest is just an excuse to make puns.

I'm the forum administrator and lead developer of Rel. Email me at dave@armchair.mb.ca with the Subject 'TTM Forum'. Download Rel from https://reldb.org
Quote from AntC on November 5, 2021, 10:12 am

Yeah.  I feel exactly the same.  Some yrs ago, maybe the world had two Mohicans left.  Turns out Dave is the last.  I simply just cannot tolerate the pain anymore of an imagined user telling me that "yeah I've put those reporting sub-headers in between for presentation purposes but you are expected to only deal with the data so I expect you to understand and detect it when you're dealing with a sub-header row [and I also expect you to understand when that particular predicate on the 2nd level data tells you that you should not even be ***expecting*** a 3d level sub-header row at all] and so I expect you to be able to filter out all the rows that happen to be not data for whatever reason I am able to imagine".  As my totally legitimate and reasonable excuse I also don't expect said user to tolerate the pain of having to deal with my perfectly legitimate and reasonable response of "that's second order logic, neither Excel nor whatever I can write can ever write for you are ever going to solve that for you in the way you're expecting".  [I believe it's second order logic because of the "whatever reason I am able to imagine" combined with the "reasonable" user expectation that whatever the user is able to imagine he should be/expects to be able to put that in as "data" - but where said user bumps into the problem that the only way we currently know to provide that "data" is to put it in as "code" ["data" for the compiler] - which might be the best way to explain the difficulties of anyting related to 2nd order logic to coders.]

Oh, well, g.. d.. f.. s..  With all that I still forgot to point out that I appreciate, well, stand in awe, for the effort too.